WHAT DOES A LOLER INSPECTION INCLUDE?
- Thorough Examination: In service lifting equipment must undergo regular thorough examinations by competent individuals. The frequency of these examinations depends on the type of equipment, its usage, and other factors, but typically it is either 6 or 12 months and anything used for lifting people must be inspected every 6 months.
- Safe Working Load (SWL): Lifting equipment must have a clearly marked Safe Working Load, indicating the maximum weight it is designed to lift safely.
- Training and Competence: Operators of lifting equipment must be adequately trained and competent to use the equipment safely.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Lifting equipment should be well-maintained, and any defects or faults must be addressed promptly.
- Records: Detailed records of thorough examinations, maintenance, and testing must be kept and made available for inspection.
The LOLER regulations aim to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries associated with lifting operations and equipment, promoting workplace safety and compliance with best practices.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING LCF ENGINEERING FOR YOUR LIFTING EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS
- As a CFTS accredited Type A inspection body you can be assured that we are independent and have no association with any repair or maintenance organisations.
- Achieve and maintain compliance with LOLER and PUWER, helping to ensure the safety of your lifting equipment.
- It is crucial to ensure that your Thorough Examinations comprehensively cover both lifting and the driving mechanisms of the excavator, dumper, skid steer, dozer, backhoe, scissor lift, forklift etc, and any lifting aid, because not all of them do. Some examinations only cover LOLER, which could put equipment, operators and businesses at risk.
- Experienced team with a comprehensive understanding of the latest regulations.
- One supplier to drive efficiency of lifting equipment inspections.
- Expert team of qualified engineering surveyors operating in Scotland and northern England.
- Innovative approach to inspections with online tools to add value. Working weekdays to weekends.
- Mobile plant engineer surveyors who specialise in the inspection of ‘on hire’ equipment to support inspections of mobile assets.